Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Dinners will be burned...

So, I write music.
Often, it comes to me while I'm barely awake or I dream it up or I wake up with a melody in my head then start a desperate search for a rhythm to match before I'm able to function like a normal person.
I'm mean, I've burned a dinner or two...or three...being distracted by recording or writing something. Enchiladas have never been so decimated in a pan as when Funky Mama is at the computer with headphones on.
Cookies have deteriorated into a charcoalish abyss in the bottom of the oven.
I should know better than to try and get out what's in my head at any time near 5:30pm.

This being said...
Dinners will be burned at my house soon. I guarantee it.

The reason is because I am releasing a new digital album called
 "WORD!" 
It's my first release in over 3 years with the Funky Mama name attached to it and it's part of a new adventure for me and my business. It will be available only online through CD Baby and eventually itunes.
Let's me 'splain...

All tracks written for WORD! are based on scriptures from the Bible. I'm a Christian. I like to talk about my faith and I especially like to sing about my faith. I've been a worship leader, as well as a worshiper. Christians often refer to the Bible as God's Word or simply, the Word.

I've also co-founded a Bible-based performing arts ministry for children called WordOne Arts and I write music for the ministry that is used in our workshops.
I have always felt Funky Mama was a ministry of its own. I have been so blessed to share my heart with people at my shows and hear their stories. I've been welcomed into homes and families and celebrations and sorrows.

If you know me well, you know I don't really have two separate personas. I'm a mom and Christ follower who happens to be called Funky Mama. I would like for people to get to know me through my music a little bit better at this stage of my life.
Even more than that, I'd like them and their children to get to know Christ.

I realize this CD might not appeal to everybody, but it will to some.
I hope it is received in the happy spirit with which I am offering it!
Bless you for all the support!



1 comment:

  1. Very cool, Funky Mama!!! Your heart is huge and your voice is beautiful! ;) -nancy bartelt

    ReplyDelete